Friday, December 21, 2012

My very own question bank

Honestly, I'd thought this particular phase was still at least a year away. But it's already been here for a while now..and I've been thinking.. God, give me some patience or give me some patience! The questions are in a hurry to jump out at me...nineteen to a dozen would be an understatement. 'Maa, tell me what am doing', 'Maa what are you doing' 'Maa what does the JCB do?' 'Maa what does the pink nano car do"! 'Maa why does appa go to office?!!' 'ma where is  Ashoka Pillar?' 'ma  can i sit here, or here or here or here or here...? All the while pointing out to different places and not stopping to look at me for s response! Phew!! the questions just never stop!

It's interesting that he repeats his questions randomly and expects a consistent answer...almost like he's checking to see if I remember :) so the other day, we were out for a drive and he he saw a JCB in action. Immediately,  'Maa what does the JCB do?' so I replied without paying attention that it just moves debris and helps in constructing a building. He went quiet for a few minutes and then said,'Maaaa, JCB Manuu, kallu tegiyathe!' (it moves mud and stones). I forget that he remembers and I have to be consistent!!

I'm now convinced that no amount of mental preparation can prepare one for this phase. And wondering what I'll do when he starts asking more complicated questions ..I guess itts time I introduced him to Google :P

No comments:

Post a Comment