Friday, November 14, 2014

Getting naughtier by the day!

Lasr week i was in spring cleaning mode and was attending to the fridge. Emptied the fridge of all its contents,  wiped it down and rearranged the items.

Among the items to be discarded was a container of cut watermelon..it was about 2 days old and had started to taste chalky.. so out it went. While i was going about my business, Tiny was watching keenly. I assumed he was fascinated and also let him help me with some small stuff. Soon..I was done and moved on to another zone while the boy kepy himself busy with something (what..I realised only 3 days later!) in the utility.

The day was done and 2 more days zoomed by without much action. 3 days later. . I noticed a horrible stench in the utility area.. i mean horrible. .like something was dead and decaying!! I looked everywhere. .in the balcony,  below the sink..behind 5he washing machine. .in nooks and corners but couldn't find anything!  It continued to stink. *shuddering just at the memory of the stench*

I decided to wash the small load of clothes piled up in the laundry basket..just in case. As i loaded the washing machine. .the stench grew stronger! I feared something had died in my laundry basket! !! And then..when i picked up a bedsheet it appeared. .the container full of rotten watermelon. .in the laundry basket..cleverly hidden under a pile a clothes!!! *shudders again*

I called my boy and asked him if knew who put it there.  To which he proudly responded.."I did Amma.. you said the fruit was dirty so I thought it needs to be washed and put it in the laundry basket!"

*face palm *

No comments:

Post a Comment