Monday, November 15, 2010

Magic of a child's love

The weather was terrible last night and Tiny was cranky through the evening. Kept breaking into crying fits every half an hour, refused to sleep and was generally being very difficult, which is very unlike him. After several attempts by everyone at home, he finally fell asleep around 10pm or so. I quickly finished some pending work, sent some e-mails and crawled onto the bed to catch some sleep before he wakes up again.

Usually, if I am dog-tired, i drift into deep sleep in a matter of seconds. Thanks to Tiny, in the past 2 months, I've been converted into an ultra light sleeper who wakes up even if someone tiptoes into the room. And last night the thunder and lightning just made it worse. I tossed and turned and continued to be restless, all the while stressing over the fact that I couldn't sleep and will be groggy when Tiny wakes up in some time. I just bent over to check if the Tiny was still fast asleep or was in the process of waking up, he caught my finger tightly and wouldn't let go. So I slept next to him on his little Pooh pillow resting my forehead on his little shoulder. Like magic, i fell asleep in a few seconds. And the understanding Tiny woke up only at 3am, giving me almost 4 hours of sound sleep in the comfort of his arms!

Thank you baby!

3 comments:

  1. The arrival of Sriram has changed the lives for the both of us ,its so much fun to get some playtime with him although its early days for him to begin to recognise.
    Its with so much fascination we watch the daily changes in him- saying-Look ! he turned sideways-
    Hey look he just smiled!
    Anxious Ajji and tatha will always make some suggestions when he is in a cranky mood-its just our attempt to try to calm him down.
    It is also a moment of great pride for all of us that we have 4 generations together. Sriram is with his great grand mom -mutthajji -and fully enjoying the pampering.
    God Bless !!

    ReplyDelete