Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First day of school...

was good :). It was an amazingly fuss free morning.  The glass of milk was finished within minutes. I didn't have to chase him around the house for breakfast. Nor did I have to drag him out of the bathroom after his bath. He'd chosen the clothes he wanted to wear to school and allowed me to dress him up without any traces of resistance! 

It was almost like he knew he had to go to school and that he is going to a bigger class and should behave appropriately. Maybe. What else could explain such good behavior?! Anyway, the bag was packed, 10 mini idlis arranged neatly in his snack box, water bottle around his neck, Tiny was all set. 

Before we left for school, he looked at me and said, " Maa, am going to school. I'll be back in 2 hours. Ok?" and hugged me. God, he's such a big boy already..tugging at heart strings and all! *sniff* 

We walked to school, which is 2 houses away, with me praying that it would be a good first day. No fights, no tears, no complaints...just lots of fun, that how I wanted it to be. And the moment I saw him coming out of the gate, with a wide grin pasted across his face, I knew that he had a wonderful time. 

I walked back home, satisfied, with a happily tired and hungry toddler who had just rediscovered his time away from home with peers. Hope this is a sign of a fuss free academic year. *keeping fingers crossed*

How was your child's first day back at school?

No comments:

Post a Comment